Saturday 12 July 2014

Travel Make Up Bag ♡

I travel quite a bit - my boyfriend lives roughly a three hour train journey from me, so I go on visits quite frequently.  You'd think with all this travelling, I'd be pretty good at packing.  No.  I'm really really not.  At home I have drawers and drawers full of make up, and I like to have a lot of choice when I get ready in the morning.  So having to commit to one base, or two lip products for a whole week is not something I do well.  I'm normally sat with swatches all over my hand in an attempt to whittle down my lip products.  It's tough!  I thought I'd show you what I'm taking with me this time!

I also thought I'd share a tip with you!  I pack my make up bag a few days before, then in the days leading up to the trip, I do my make up with what's in the bag.  That way I'll know if I forget anything crucial!


Primers:

I don't have a massive amount of primers, so I only take one.  That's the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Pure Light Primer (buy here).  It gives your face a really lovely glow, and I use it everyday!

Bases:

Obviously I take my Benefit Big Easy (buy here), which you probably could have guessed, because it's all I seem to talk about lately... oops.  Another favourite for the summer though, is the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream (buy here), which is a super lovely light base, and has lovely staying power.  This had a lot of hype surrounding it when it first came out, but now everyone seems to have forgotten about it!  

Concealers:

I'll never know why I over-pack when it comes to concealers, but I always do.  What if a huge spot appears and I need concealers of all varieties?  Well I'll be prepared.  I take three.  The Bourjois Healthy Mix (buy here), the Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer (buy here) and the Revlon Colour Stay Concealer (buy here).  I've tried a lot of drug store concealers, and these ones really take the cake for me.  I wouldn't be without them!

Powder:

I'm not a huge fan of powders anymore, but I do like to powder my t-zone to keep things from getting oily.  I use the Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder (buy here).  This one is super light, and most definitely one of my favourites!  A good one for the summer.

Blushes:

Two blushes in the make up bag - one cream, one powder.  The cream, of course, being the Bourjois Little Round Pot Cream Blush in Nude Velvet (buy here) and powder being the Rimmel Lasting Finish Mono Blush in Santa Rose (buy here).  Both super natural blushes, as I rarely go for anything else.

Bronzer:

There's only one bronzer for me at the minute, and that's the Body Shop Honey Bronzer (buy here).  I have it in the lightest shade, and it's the best thing that's happened to my make up bag in a while! 

Highlight:

The Bourjois Poudre de Riz de Java (buy here) is such a beautiful glowy powder highlight.  I'm also a big fan of the packaging!!

Eyes & Brows:

I don't bother taking eye shadows with me when I travel, I just use a little bit of concealer on my eyelids to hide any veins.  I love a good cat eye, so the Soap & Glory Supercat Liner Pen (buy here) is a must.  This is the best eyeliner pen I've tried, and it's really easy to get a great flick with this!  I wouldn't be without the Benefit They're Real! Mascara (buy here) when it comes to lashes.  I don't think it's a waterproof mascara, but it doesn't seem to budge from my eyelashes that easily, so I like it for summer.  The Soap & Glory Archery Brow Tint and Pencil (buy here) is a lifesaver for me.  I've talked about it before on here, and you know I love it.  To set my brows, I go for the cheapest clear mascara I can find.  At the moment I'm using the Miss Sporty Just Clear Mascara (buy here) and it's doing a pretty good job.

Lips:

My lip product collection is getting kind of ridiculous now, and it's so hard to choose a few!  I usually go for one natural colour, one red, and a few different pinks.  I really love a pink lip!  The red I'm taking this time is a Revlon Colour Burst Matte Balm in Standout (buy here).  This is a really pretty redish pinky colour, and has great lasting power.  I'm a big fan of these kind of chubby stick dupes!  Obviously I wouldn't be without my Revlon Lip Butters (buy here), and I'm taking the colours Raspberry Pie and Lollipop.  Two super pretty eye-catching pinks.  For my natural lip, I've really been loving the Collection Cream Puff Lip Cream (buy here) in Cotton Candy.  It's a really pretty 'my lips but better' colour, with a matte finish.  It does require a bit of topping up throughout the day, but at £2.99 you really can't go wrong.

That's everything!  What are your beauty travel essentials?


1 comment:

  1. The Body Shop honey bronzer is also the best thing that has happened to my pale skin in a while! I would love to try the Bourjois Java Rice Powder too, as the packaging is adorable and it looks so pretty. My number one travel beauty essential has to be Mac Omega eyeshadow as it can be used on the eyes, eyebrows and even as a light contour - the ultimate multitasking poduct!

    http://victoriarosebeaute.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete