Monday 7 July 2014

Summer Nail Favourites ♡

I always have my nails painted -  I really can't be doing the 'naked nails' thing.  I thought I'd show you what I'm wearing on my nails for the warmer season!



Pastels

You really can't go wrong with a pastel nail for summer!  All my pastel shades are from Barry M.  I love these polishes as they're super affordable, but also brilliant quality.  They are opaque with two coats, and pretty durable.  I always add a top coat though, just to make them extra life-proof!  Here are my picks:


Brights

There's nothing more summery than a bright nail if you ask me, and as you may see from the photo, my choices have been very well loved!  

  • No 7 Gel-Look Shine in Mint Treat - £7.00 (buy here)
  • No7 Stay Perfect in Stand Back - £6.00 (buy here)
  • Rimmel Lasting Finish in Ballet Pump Perfection - £2.99 (buy here)

Glitters

People tend to neglect glitter nails in the warmer months, as they seem to be seen as a more festive thing, but I think they can still look summery -  and they also make you look more tanned!  They may be a pain to remove, but I'm still a fan!

  • No7 Stay Perfect in Daisy Darling - £6.00 (buy here)
  • Umberto Gianni in Oyster - can't find this one online anywhere!  I got it as part of a gift set - let me know if you see it anywhere!

Removing it all?

When it comes to buying nail varnish remover, I usually just go for the cheapest one at which ever supermarket or drugstore I'm at, and this has lead me to finding the best one ever!  Can I get a yay for the Extra Strength Nail Polish Remover by Sainsbury's (buy here)!?  It got glitter nail polish with with no problem!?  I don't think I'll ever stray from this now, it's amazing!  Plus super cheap - what a find!  


What are your favourite nail colours for summer?


3 comments:

  1. The pastel colors are so pretty. I mostly wear black polish because it matches everything, haha!

    http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been totally the same recently with always wanting my nails painted! The trouble is nail polish never lasts long on my so I feel like I'm forever painting them XD
    Elesaurus

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Barry M Hi Shine polishes, they are so impossibly gorgeous! <3

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete