Tuesday 15 July 2014

A Gel Liner Virgin ♡

I love a good cat eye.  I've been wearing one pretty much everyday since I was 15, so I've got a lot of practice behind me.  I've always been happy using a drugstore liquid liner or a felt tip liner.  But there's a lot of buzz around gel liner at the moment, and I've been wandering what I've been missing out on.  So, I decided to lose my gel liner virginity.  I have the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner (buy here)  in Black Ink.

I must say, gel liner seems pretty intimidating before the first time you apply it.  I spent a lot of time looking at it thinking "how?" but I found it a lot easier than I anticipated.  I used the little brush that came with the liner, and it is much more difficult to get a really fine line with this, but for a statement cat eye, I'm quite a fan.


This liner is super black - none of that weird greyish black liner rubbish.  It also stays on for ages!  I've been testing this for a few days now, some of which I'll have it on for up to twelve hours - it looks just as good at the end of the day as it did at the beginning.  The more I use this, the more I like it.  Could I be a gel liner convert in the near future?  We'll see!

What is your favourite liner to use for a cat eye?



7 comments:

  1. I instantly fell in love with gel liners when I first started to use them. My favourite gel liner so far is the Maybelline one, though I haven't tried that many brands. I really want to try this Bobbi Brown one and MAC's one.
    Kookii || The Beauty Diary♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. i swear by gel liner, i'm using tarte's right now

    xx fameliquorlove // bloglovin // instagram

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I have never used gel eyeliner because I love my liquid eyeliner so much. Maybe one day I venture into the gel eyeliner world, haha.
    - C
    Claudine Converses

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds lovely! I think the cat eye really suits you :) xx

    http://bethht.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't own any gel eyeliners either! I just get worried that i'll mess it up haha. Also cleaning the brush over and over again sounds like a chore! It suits you really well though, you've made it look so lovely and sleek! xx

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gel liner is amazing ! Glad you have discovered the wonders !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard amazing things about the Bobbi Brown Gel Liner. Need to get my hands on it!

    thebeautyinformer.com

    ReplyDelete