Wednesday 30 July 2014

Jumping on the Bandwagon - MAC Lipsticks ♡

I'm fairly new to the beauty blogging world, and so far I can see there is always a lot of disagreement over how good products truly are - but if there seems to be something every blogger recommends you own, it's a MAC lipstick.  I never used to be a lipstick person, but in the last six months I've really been hitting up the selection in Boots, but hadn't yet strayed into high-end lip territory.  A MAC lipstick is pretty pricey, and at about fifteen pounds for one, it's not a product I was rushing out to buy, but when Debenhams took five pounds off all their lipsticks for National Lipstick Day, I couldn't say no.  I caved and purchased my first three MAC lipsticks!  Here are the three I chose:



Let's start off with Crosswire.  It's a super pretty coraly pink, and since I don't have any coral lip products, it seemed about time I picked one up.  It's one of the cremesheen formulas, and is very creamy and glides onto the lips.  


I love a red lip, and MAC has a huge selection of shades.   After a lot of googling the different options to see swatches, I opted for Ruby Woo.  It's a classic red, and I love how it looks with my pale skin tone.  It is a retro matte finish, meaning it can be quite drying and not the smoothest to apply, but regardless of this, the finish is so lovely and will be great for the colder months!


Last but not least, we come to Syrup.  This is such a perfect 'my lips but better' shade, and I can see it quickly becoming one of my top everyday options!  It's a lustre formal, and the application is really smooth.  It doesn't feel too heavy on the lips, and would look great with a dramatic eye!

  

Can't wait to add more to my collection!  I'm really lusting after the shades Plumful and Vegas Volt now!

What are your favourite MAC lipsticks?


2 comments:

  1. I have crosswires and I love it, it's such a gorgeous shade!

    blushandfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your makeup and hairstyle ! :)
    Love from France, Victoria
    http:/:godsaveourdressing.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete