Wednesday 9 July 2014

How Much Does Your Daily Face Cost? ♡

Do you ever think about how much you really spend on make up and it makes you cringe and squirm?  Me too.  So for some reason I've decided to find out how much my daily face costs to create.  I'm only going to factor in make up for this post - I think if I added in skincare and brushes as well the number at the end would make me feel mega sick.  Let's not go there today!  Anyway, down to some maths!



Face: 

L'Oreal Lumi Magique Primer - £9.99 (buy here)
Benefit Big Easy - £27.50 (buy here)
Boujois Healthy Mix Concealer - £7.99 (buy here)
Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer - £7.99 (buy here)
Body Shop Honey Bronzer - £13.00 (buy here)
Bourjois Cream Blush - £7.99 (buy here)
Bourjois Poudre de Riz de Java - £9.99 (buy here)
Revelon Nearly Naked Powder - £7.99 (buy here)

Face total: £92.44

Eyes/Brows:

Soap & Glory Archery Brow Tint & Pencil - £10.00 (buy here)
Miss Sporty Clear Mascara - £2.99 (buy here)
Soap & Glory Supercat Eyeliner Pen - £6.00 (buy here)
Benefit They're Real! Mascara - £19.50 (buy here)

Eyes/Brows total: £25.50

Lips:

Revelon Lip Butter - £7.99 (buy here)

Lip total: £7.99


TOTAL: £125.93

It's surprising how it all adds up!  I never really think about my daily make up to be a luxury thing, but when you add the cost of each piece up it's pretty shocking - especially since most of my products are drugstore!  I do only tend to buy make up when they are offers on (hello 3 for 2 at Boots...), so I don't think I actually paid the full amount, but still a pretty hefty price tag on my boring everyday face!

Also, a quick disclaimer!  This post isn't bragging about how much my make up collection is worth, it's purely out of interest.  

How much does your face cost? 

5 comments:

  1. This is such a cute post! Love your pictures :)

    http://everydayingrace.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is fab <3
    You lookin cute

    follow me @
    arbbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally know what you mean! I have a drawer which all my make up is in in boxes under the TV, and I constantly think that what is in that drawer is probably worth more than the new TV on top of it!! Bit scary to think about sometimes, ah well the price of feeling good is worth it (I hope!) x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are gorgeous!
    yeah wow it really does all add up and you don't even realise
    x
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an interesting post! I love the idea behind it. It's a scary thought that it's almost as expensive as my Kindle. Like, I have that insured. But how do you insure makeup?! If we had a fire or (for some weird reason) someone stole my makeup bag, I'd go broke replacing it all! :/ xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle & Fashion

    ReplyDelete