Wednesday 2 July 2014

Summer Shopping List: Skincare Edit ♡

It's the final edition of my Summer Shopping List series!  This has been a really nice way to get myself back into blogging, and I've loved writing these posts.  I'm definitely considering doing these for all the other seasons when they come along!

Here I'm going to talk about all things skincare, and I know a lot of skincare can be appropriate for any climate, but I think it becomes even more important to take good care of your skin in the sun.  I have very fair skin, and my skin really doesn't enjoy the sun, so I really take extra care of my skin in heat.  



1) Benefit Dream Screen - £25.00 (buy here)
Using SPF is essential on my face, and this has SPF 45, so it seems like a pretty good product to have in my skincare stash.  This claims to be ultra light on the skin, so would be a good product to use before applying make up.  Benefit have really started to advertise their skincare range a lot more in recent months, and before this I wasn't really aware of it.  I love Benefit cosmetics, so I'm super curious to try out some of their skincare!  

2) Palmer's Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze - £5.35 (buy here)
I'm a little weary of full-on fake tanning products, and I love that this moisturises and adds a bit of colour to my skin.  This is a very builds up very gradually, so you won't find yourself in a situation where you're suddenly orange!  I've been using this since last summer, and I need to repurchase soon!  This makes my skin look really healthy and glowy, and it also doesn't have a horrible fake tan smell! 

3) Body Shop Peach Body Butter - £13.00 (buy here)
If you have never tried a Body Shop body butter, then what have you been doing?  I love them!  They sink in so quickly, and all the scents I've tried have been really nice, and not too over-powering.  I'm yet to try the peach one, but I'm a bit obsessed with peachy smelling things at the moment, and think it's a great fresh scent.  Will definitely be picking this up next time I'm in the Body Shop.  

4) Body Shop Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Exfoliator - £9.00 (buy here)
If you've read any of my skincare posts before, you will know how much I love Body Shop skincare - it just works for me.  I always need a really good exfoliator in the summer... things can get sweaty (tmi? tmi.)... anyway, I need something that's really going to get into my pores and get all the dirt out.  The seaweed line at the Body Shop is specially for oil-control, and believe me, in the summer, in need that.  I feel like I got a bit weird and tmi about my sweaty face in this blog post... I'm glad we had this talk.

5) Ambre Solaire Dry Mist SPF50 - £7.99 (buy here
What Summer Shopping list would be complete without sun cream?  I always go for a high SPF since I burn so easily!  I love the mist ones, since they're so easy and quick to apply.  I always carry a sun cream around with me in my bag during the warmer months. It's a no-brainer!  

Hope you've enjoyed this little trilogy of summer must-haves!  

What are your favourite skincare products for the warmer months? 

See you in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment