Sunday 6 July 2014

Lush Portsmouth Summer Skin Event ♡

Obviously I haven't been blogging long, so when the opportunity came along for me to attend the Lush Portsmouth blogger event I was thrilled!  I've been a fan of Lush products for a long time, and honestly - who doesn't love a Lush bath bomb?  But this was the Summer Skin event, and I can't say I've tried many skincare products from Lush, but as someone who has a bit of obsession with skin care products, of course I was completely open to trying products!  The staff at the event we so lovely and helpful, and I'm so grateful for being invited!  Also, beware... there may be images of feet ahead!     

We were truly pampered at this event, from head to toe - literally!  The first thing we did was a foot pampering session!  I am completely guilty of neglecting my feet a bit, even in summer!  First we scrubbed our feet with the Stepping Stone Foot Scrub (buy here) which gets rid of dead skin, whilst softening your feet.  It also contains essential oils, to really give your feet some TLC.  What a treat!


It also turns the water green!

Then we used the Volcano Foot Mask (buy here), and I had never used a foot mask before, but this was really nice.  We covered the bottoms of our feet in this, then left for ten minutes.  When you wash it off, your feet feel soft like you can't imagine!  We did cover our feet in cling film while we had this on so we could put our feet down and walk around without making a mess.  



Then we finished off with the Fair Trade Foot Lotion (buy here) and the T for Toes Foot Powder (buy here), and the foot lotion really moisturises your feet, then the powder dries them off, and is good for use before a long day walking, as it soaks up any moister and keeps your feet fresh all day!  This was such a lovely pamper session, and I'll definitely be doing this again at home!  

After this we had one to one consultations with a member of staff.  All the staff know the products so well, and are able to recommend the right products for you!  If you're ever unsure about what to go for in Lush, just ask someone!  We were shown around the store, and each different collection of products, then recommended something that would be good for us.  The event was focused on how to care for and prep your skin for the sun, and Lush have actually brought out a collection of sunscreens!  I'm really excited about trying them out for real in the sun, since they feel so nice on the skin, just like a moisturiser.  I usually find that suncreams can feel sticky and thick, but these are really light on the skin, and there is a range of different SPF strengths to choose from.  I will be doing a post in the near future with reviews and first impressions of the products I've been lucky enough to bring home with me!  They also let us test out many of the products - honestly, my arms have never felt so soft! 


We also got to make our own face mask!  We made the Catastrophe Cosmetic Mask (buy here) which did involve getting our hands (well rubber gloves) dirty, but was obviously really fun!  They actually use real blueberries in this, and I tried it when I got home, and it feels so nice on the skin!  






It was so lovely to meet other bloggers as well!  We all got on so well, and I'm so grateful for being able to attend this event!  Here is a photo of us from Alice's instagram!




 From left to right - AliceAmyMan Yee, me, and Becky!  Check out their blogs!







Sorry for the picture spam, I couldn't chose one!  A post will be coming soon with product reviews - Lush were very generous with goodie bags!  I just need a little time to use the products a couple of times to get a proper feel for them!  I had such a lovely time at this event, and feel so lucky to have been invited!  

What Lush products are your favourite?   







8 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! I love Lush. Their twilight bath bomb is amazing. x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looks like such a fun event. I've always wanted to make my own Lush product!

    http://IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww looks like such an amazing event to attend. I love Lush too.

    www.pink-purpledots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had such an awesome time!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, looks like such a great time :)

    www.itsleli.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aah looks like such a fun event!! I'm temtped the the Stepping stone foot scrub, looks like it would be ideal for getting my feet summer ready! Xx

    A Blonde Moment

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you all had a great time! I'm so jealous you got to make your own face mask I bet it smells amazing with those blueberries in it :) x

    EmmiHearts

    ReplyDelete