Tuesday 1 July 2014

Summer Shopping List: Beauty Edit ♡

It's time for the second part of the Summer Shopping List!  Today we're looking at the beauty side of things.  As soon as the weather gets a little warmer I swap my full coverage base and heavier eye make up for a face of make up that's a lot lighter and a lot more natural.  Here are a selection of products that I want to add my collection that I feel would be summer appropriate!  



1. Benefit Big Easy - £ 27.50 (buy here)
This product totally intrigued me when it launched - at first it seemed a little pricey for what appeared to be a basic BB cream.  But as more and more drugstore foundations and BB creams wouldn't stay on my face for an entire day, I was more and more curious about this product.  I know this is more of a wishlist post, but I did actually pick this product up yesterday!  This is pretty much my first ever high-end beauty purchase, and normally I do try and stick to more budget products, but I think for a base product, it can be worth spending a little extra.  The girl at the Benefit counter in John Lewis was incredibly helpful, and pointed me in the right direction in terms of colour matching, and also put it on my skin so I could be sure it was right for me.  It's safe to say I'm so glad I picked this up!  The coverage is light to medium, you can easily build it up without getting into a cakey mess.  I've only applied it once myself, but I used my Real Techniques sponge, and love the results.  Overall, I think I may have found my perfect summer base!

2. Sleek Blush Palette in Californ.i.a - £9.99 (buy here)
I'm obsessed with peachy pink make up, and if I don't want to go for a eye-catching lip, a blush is great way to brighten up my complexion.  I already have a few Sleek blushes, and this palette looks great.  Also great for travelling, since it's three different blushes in one compact palette!  I think this is going to be a must for my make up bag.

3. Revelon Lip Butter - £7.99 (buy here)  
I already have a few of these, but I think they're the perfect lip product for warmer climates.  These are super moisturising and really pigmented.  I love using these to create a bright pink lip.  They have a glossy finish, and I feel like they can really brighten up my complexion.  I'm obsessed with these!

4. The Body Shop Honey Bronzing Powder - £13.00 (buy here)
I think everyone who watches Essie Button is wanting to try this, as she recommends it so often!  As a fair skinned girl, I do find it pretty difficult to find a bronzer that doesn't make my skin look dirty.  I've been eyeing this up for a while, and I think it's going to be in my possession after my next visit to town.

5. Soap & Glory Peach Party Blush Brick - £11.00 (buy here)
I love a glowy complexion for the summer, and this looks like it's going to really brighten things up.  It looks pretty similar to Benefit's Hervana blush, which the girl at the Benefit counter did put on me, and I really liked it, but wasn't really feeling like spending over twenty pounds on a blush.  I love all the other Soap & Glory products I've tried, and this seems pretty promising!

What beauty products are you craving for the summer months?

See you for the skin care edition of the Summer Shopping list!




No comments:

Post a Comment