Tuesday 5 August 2014

Maintaining Blonde Hair ♡



I've been colouring my hair blonde for a while now, and I know how much of a nightmare it can be it keep it looking good!  I thought I'd share with you the products I use to keep it looking good!  My hair is naturally a very dark brown colour, so I get my hairdresser to dye it for me.  Because of this I don't know exactly what colour I use - sorry I can't be more helpful!  Although I do know that it's all coloured by toner - no bleach involved!  I know I could probably get better results with bleach, but I'm happy with the colour my hair is now and I'm not keen on damaging it too much!  Here's an old photo of me with my natural hair - so you can see what I'm working with.



I naturally have a lot of red tones in my hair, so when I have it lighter these tend to get a lot stronger and my hair can go quite ginger.  In order to combat this, there are a few products I find helpful.



A brightening shampoo is a must-have if you have blonde hair!  I find the Provoke Touch of Silver range are perfect for my hair, and also super affordable!  I use the Twice a Week Brightening Shampoo (buy here) every other wash with whatever frizz control conditioner is in my shower, and then I use the Touch of Silver Daily Shampoo (buy here) and the Touch of Silver Conditioner (buy here) together on the other washes.  I find these products are fantastic for stopping any brassy or ginger tones in my hair!

Since my hair is coloured, I think it's even more important to protect it from any further damage!  Heat protectants are essential for me.  I'm not hugely fussy on what on I have, I usually just go for whatever's cheapest where I'm shopping when I need it.  At the moment I'm using the Got2b Guardian Angel (buy here) which is getting the job done- no complaints.  I also like to use a hair oil, just to keep it in good condition.  I'm using the Pantene Pro-V Smooth&Sleek Dry Oil (buy here) which I'm really loving.  It leaves my hair super soft and easy to style!


Hope you've found these tips helpful!

How do you keep blonde hair look bright?


No comments:

Post a Comment