Friday 28 March 2014

Making The Most Of A Sick Day ♡

Hey there,
I got tonsillitis.  I can't say I'm enjoying it, but it has given me a couple days off from college and work.  I always try to go in to college when I'm not great, since I really hate missing classes and getting behind, but I think when your body is telling you to take a break, it's probably a good idea to do so!  This is going to be a post about how I choose to spend my sick days, and what helps me feel a bit less gross!

I always stay in bed a little later than I would on a normal day, as rest is important!  If I don't have to be out the house and I'm not feeling brilliant, I might as well sleep a little longer.  Or if I'm already awake, I'll spend a little time sitting in bed on social networks and playing games on my iPad.

When I do get up, I get dressed.  I know a lot of people prefer to spend ill days in their pyjamas, but I think getting dressed makes me feel a tiny bit better.  Obviously I don't go for anything too fancy - just leggings, an over sized t-shirt, a snuggly cardigan, and of course some slippers or slipper socks!

Since I'm not leaving the house, or seeing many people, I choose not to wear any make up.  It's god to give your skin a break!  Instead I'll just use a scrub in the morning, and then moisturise my face.  At the moment I'm reaching for the Vitamin E Cream Exfoliator by The Body Shop (buy here)  and a basic Nivea moisteriser.  I'll also pin my fringe off my face and tie my hair up in a messy bun.  This helps the skin to breath.

It's also nice to pamper yourself a little!  I like to paint my nails.  This time I went for Rimmel Salon Pro by Kate in red (buy here).  You also can;t go wrong with a bubble bath!  I'll play some music from my phone and have a soak.  I used a Watermelon bubble bath from Avon, which I can't seem to find on the website now.  Here's a generic bath photo that I took on my phone.



I also try to eat healthily so my immune system can fight off illness! Even though eating with tonsillitis is a painful challenge.

If you're having a sick day, I hope you're feeling better soon!  Sorry this post has been quite short, but I'll be back asap with some beauty/skincare posts.  I may or may not have purchased the Naked 2 and Naked 3 palettes.......

See you soon!



1 comment: