Tuesday 4 March 2014

February Favourites ♡

Hello you!
First I want to say hi to my new followers - to most people the amount I have seems like a small amount, but I'm in shock anyone is taking any interest at all in my blog!  But I do put a fair bit of effort into it, so I really appreciate every single reader.
Today I have a favourites post for you!  I've been trying quite a few products that are new to me this month, and here are a selection of things I'm loving this month - both new and old to my make up collection.


1. Sleek i-Divine Eye Shadow Palette in Au Naturel (buy here)
I am so excited about this palette!  It is an absolute bargain at about eight pounds, and has such a beautiful range of colours.  I've been looking for a decent natural eye palette for a while now, and I mentioned in a previous post I was considering buying the Nude 'Tude palette from theBalm, which costs about thirty pounds.  When I saw this, I couldn't say no.  I really love Sleek cosmetics, and I think the quality is great for the price.  All  the colours are really pigmented and are really nice to apply.  There is a nice mix of lighter and darker shades, and also matte and shimmery colours, so you can create a natural day-time look, or a dramatic night-time look with this palette.  I think for the price, this is such a lovely palette and I honestly can't praise it enough!  I am considering doing an entire post dedicated to this palette with swatches and different ideas for looks you can create - so let me know if you'd like to see that!

2. Bourjois 123 Perfect Colour Correcting Cream (buy here)
I've seen a lot said about this product in the beauty blogging world, and I couldn't resist trying it.  It seems Bourjois can do no wrong when it comes to foundations, as I've seen so many good things said about them.  I was drawn to this product as it claims to have different pigments in to correct various skin issues.  I suffer from redness and dark patches on my face, so I was really pleased to see this cream worked as well as I'd hope to remedy these issues.  I don't like to have anything to heavy on my face, and I used to use a lot of different BB creams, but found they didn't really cover my skin as well as I needed.  This has the right balance between wonderful coverage and feeling lovely on the skin!  And for under ten pounds it's such a good buy!  

3. Real Techniques Core Collection 1403 Brush Set (buy here)
I had been using a set of EcoTools brushes to apply my make up for quite a while, and as much as they did work well, I felt like it was time for a change.  Real Techniques is a really popular brush brand, and I felt like it was time I found out what all the fuss was about.  I love these brushes!  They are so soft on the skin, and pick up plenty of product.  The buffing brush I like especially, as I find it blends my foundation and concealer in really well, with no lines around my face.  I also really love the case they come in.  I travel a lot, and find if I just shove my brushes into my make up bag, they get dirty and the bristle part.  I was a little bit unsure about trying these, as the price was a little out of my budget, but now I have them, I think they're really worth it! 

4. L'Oreal Paris Miss Manga Mascara (buy here)
I was kind of unsure about this product, as I'd heard a lot of mixed opinions about it.  I thought I'd give it a go anyway since I was in need of a new mascara.  When I went to use the product, I was a bit put off by the fact the brush was bristly, as oppose to a plastic brush, which I usually prefer.  The wand also bends, and I'm not really sure why? If anyone wants to explain the purpose of this, please let me know!  I was pleasantly surprised though, as this mascara actually volumised and lengthened  my lashes.  I also find I don't get black smudges around my eyes after wearing it for a few hours, which is normally an issue for me with mascaras.  The packaging is also really pretty!  The only downside is that it's not waterproof, and I don't think there's waterproof version.  

5. Cath Kidston Star Assorted Hand Cream Trio (buy here)
I mentioned that I had one of these in my bag post.  I ran out of that, so bought the mini trio, and I like them.  I find they keep any eczema break outs at bay during the day, and smell amazing!  They're really moisturising and just really handy to keep in my hand bag.

Thanks for reading!  See you soon lovlies!

No comments:

Post a Comment