Tuesday 18 March 2014

Pai - A Skin Care Saviour ♡

I'm a teenager, so typically my skin isn't brilliant.  I suffer from dry skin, and I'm also allergic to most cheaper skin care products - not great for the tight budget I have to work with!  I usually just go for cleansing my skin and removing make up with Garnier Micellar cleansing water (buy here), then using the St. Ives Blemish Fighting apricot scrub (buy here) and finishing my skin care routine by moisturising using a basic Nivea cream.  As much I would really recommend these products, my skin seemed to be having a lot of issues in the past couple of weeks, and I felt it was time to up my skin care game a little bit.  The main problem I stumbled across was the fact that barely any brands do sample packs of the products I wanted to try.  As I have very sensitive skin, I'm not keen on spending a lot of money on a higher end skin care product if it's going to cause even more problems for me.
Then I discovered a skin care brand called Pai.  This brand sells a variety of organic products, especially for sensitive skin! Perfect for me!  I was quick to find they sell a little sample pack of six little pots of different products, and a muslin face cloth to use with the products.  The link to purchase this is here, and for eight pounds, I would say it's definitely worth it!
The package arrived quickly, and comes with all the products in an adorable box, and also some leaflets about the brand and how it started.  Here are some photos!



The tester products you get are the Camellia & Rose Cleanser, Kukui & Jojoba Bead Skin Brightening Exfoliator, Avocado & Jojoba Hydrating Day Cream, Chamomile & Rosehip Calming Day Cream, Geranium & Thistle Rebalancing Day Cream, and last but not least, the Echium & Macadamia Replenishing Day Cream.  
The first thing that needs to be said about all these products is how amazing they smell!  You can really tell there is nothing artificial about these products just by the scent.  They all go on to the skin so nicely, and the day creams just sink in, and don't have any kind of shine to them.  
I used the cleanser to remove my make up, and lift any other dirt out of my pores.  I absolutely love the cleanser, and my skin felt very fresh after using.  It is also really hydrating - so unlike other cleansers, that draw all the moister as well as what you what removed from your skin, this made my skin feel brilliant afterwards.  
I also really loved the Kukui & Jojoba Bead Skin Brightening exfoliator.  I'd say that pretty much immediately after use I could see a difference in my skin, as it just looked more healthy and a lot less dull.  
I have tried all the day creams, and for me, I feel like the one that had the best effect would be the Chamomile & Rosehip Calming Day Cream.  I suffer from a lot of redness around my face, especially around my nose, and I could definitely see that using this moisturiser reduced this by a noticable amount. 
After using Pai products for a week, I can definitely see a change in my skin, and it feels and looks a lot healthier.  
So what products will I be purchasing in full size?  I'm definitely going to go for the cleanser and exfoliator, and I'm most likely to be buying the calming day cream.  I'm going to try a few cheaper alternatives for my moisturiser, and can compare what ever I'm trying to the Pai creams I used.  It wouldn't surprise me if I find myself going to back to Pai for this though.
I know Pai is quite pricey compared to various products you can pick up on the high street, but I feel like skin care is so important, and keeping a healthy complexion is something that will we thank ourselves for in the future!  I find I can't really rely too heavily on high street skin care anyway, as I've tried a lot of different products, and had nowhere near results as good as what I got from Pai!
Hope you've enjoyed this post!  What skin care brands do you love? 
See you soon, 
    xx

2 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with skincare and I've tried so many products out, I've yet to try Pai though. I do find that expensive does not equal effective. My favourite skincare brand is Simple Skincare and they are super affordable! :)

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend Pai, certainly a treat for my skin though! I find some Simple products to be amazing, but others to do nothing for me - I think I'm going to try their moisterising night cream soon though!

      Delete