Monday 10 February 2014

February Beauty Wishlist ♡

Hello you!
I'm new to beauty blogging, but I thought a nice way to start would be to put together a little list of the products I'm planning on treating myself to when I next have some money to spare.  I recently had a bit of a dramatic diet change, which has caused my skin to go a bit crazy, meaning my old favourites aren't working quite as well or having the same effect as they used to.  I'm on a student budget, so my make up bag is strictly drug store, so as much as I'd like to try high end products, I struggle to justify spending more than £15 on a make-up product...


1. Bourjois Flower Perfection Foundation (buy here)
I really struggle to find a good foundation.  The main problem I have with my skin is random blotches of redness, and I can't seem to find a foundation that covers my blemishes as well as I'd like.  I obviously use concealer too, but sometimes I feel like a foundation should be able to cover faint redness.  This foundation also claims to stay on your face for 16 hours - a rather bold statement to make - but I am completely for any long stay foundation, as I often find I don't have time to top up my make up on a normal day.  I have never tried a Bourjois foundation but have heard many good things about them around the internet, so hope to get my hands on this asap!

2. Sleek Face Contour Kit (buy here)
I have been after this product for weeks, but every time I go into my local Boots or Superdrug it's sold out!  I would buy online, but I always like to see make-up in person before I buy, to be sure I'm getting the right colour for my skin tone.  I feel like this would bring a little bit of life to my face, as I have quite dull skin.  

3. Revelon® ColourBurst Matte Balm (buy here)
I really like a bold lip, and I find when I'm being a bit lazy with my make-up, a quick swipe of colour across my lips can really bring my face together.  I'm not too keen on a glossy lip, so I'm hoping this will give the matte effect of a lipstick, without the performance of lip liners etc.  I also find any lipstick I use just does not stay on my face, and I usually am too lazy to re-apply so now I rarely bother with lip colour in the first place.  I hoping these will live up to what the internet beauty community says about them!

4. Soap and Glory Supercat Eyeliner Pen Carbon Black Extreme (buy here)  
I love winged liner, but any other felt tip liners I've tried have let me down.  I always seem to get a weird grey-ish colour line when I apply the liner to my eye, and I've tried the Bourjois and Collection felt tip liners - both disappointing.  Although for some reason, I've not completely lost faith in felt tip liners, and I'm hoping this Soap and Glory product will be the one to show me that they can work!

5. theBalm Nude 'Tude Eyeshadow Palette (buy here) 
This is probably the most pricey make-up purchase I've ever considered making, but I think I might go for it.  It seems like a cheaper alternative to the Urban Decay Naked Palette (which I will never be able to justify buying!!).  I really love a nude eye look, but find drug store eyeshadows aren't pigmented enough or just don't stay on.  I think this is something I'm going to have to save up for (almost £30 - eek!!)  but I reckon it will be worth it, and will be nice to have an eyeshadow palette I can rely on to create lots of different looks with.  

Hope you enjoyed my first post!! I hope to be back again soon for another - see you then!





No comments:

Post a Comment