Monday 1 September 2014

Less Glam Girl: The Party Dress Edit ♡

I am not a very glamorous person - there isn't a sparkle or sequin to be seen in my wardrobe, and although my wardrobe is full of dresses, not one of them is really party attire.  Then I find out there is a Freshers Ball at the university I'm going to.  I look at my wardrobe in a huge panic as there is nothing in my wardrobe that says "ball".  There was a lot of talk on how formal people were dressing for this, and my understanding is that it's general party outfits - nothing too dressy.  But still, my clothing collection has nothing to offer.

After scrolling through all the dress retailers I could think of, I came across a few that seemed occasion appropriate and that wouldn't have me feeling super self-conscious the whole night.  I still want to feel like me!  I thought I'd put together a little list of dresses that might be ideal for people like me - wanting to dress up, but not wanting to look super dressy!



1 - £15.00 - Boohoo.com (buy here)
Chiffon always says formal.  I love this super cute floaty number, and it would look great with a pair of white or cream heels, or flats if you're not up for heels!  At only fifteen pounds it's an absolute steal for a party dress!  It says party without being to 'in your face'.  Sometimes simple is best!

2 - £62.00 - Oasis at ASOS (buy here)
If you're not feeling something typically 'partyish', go for a classy, more sophisticated cut.  This is a bit of a sixties chic look, and paired with a pair of bright heels and a matching clutch would be a killer look!

3 - £14.99 - New Look (buy here)
Another bargain at under fifteen pounds!  This is ideal for a pop of colour.  Pair with stacks of gold bangles for a stand out look!

4 - £50.00 - Topshop (buy here)
A slightly edgier take on the LBD - from afar this looks like your average black dress, but close up, the pleather pleated skirt gives it a whole new look.  The cut outs on the side are also a great way of showing some skin without going too OTT!

5 - £39.00 - Miss Selfridge (buy here)
Personally I don't really go for bodycon dresses, but this print is so cool!  If you want to make a statement, then a printed dress is the way to go.  You needn't even accessorise with this - this dress does all the work for you!

Hope this helped any of you reluctant part go-ers!
Sorry for the lack in posts lately - everything is very chaotic at the moment!



2 comments:

  1. two and five are must haves. I need both. Now. Loving the prices too! New follower on bloglovin! :) You're gorgeous!

    doitfortheirony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love number two so much! So elegant and cute :) Great post,
    - C
    Claudine Converses

    ReplyDelete