Saturday 19 April 2014

My Easter Break! ♡

Hi there!
It's been a while, but I did explain the lack of posts in my last post, if you were wondering where I'd been!  I've actually just had two weeks off work and college, so I went to Edinburgh to see family for a few days.  I thought it'd be nice to share some photos and a bit of what I got up to - I don't know if you're actually interested, but personally I love reading journal-like posts!  Maybe I'm just nosey...  This post will probably contain more photos anyway.

Anyway, my relatives live in a place called Dalgety Bay, which is on the outskirts of Edinburgh - about a half an hour bus ride into the town center.  There's so much beautiful scenery around the area, so we went on a lot of walks, and I got a fair few photos - take a look!





Unfortunately I didn't manage to get photos of Edinburgh itself, since it's so busy, and having a big camera out isn't ideal!  Edinburgh is such a beautiful city, and if you get the chance to go and see it you really should!  We went to the Edinburgh Royal Museum, which is brilliant - a place within Edinburgh I'd recommend.  It has a huge amount of exhibits on all kinds of things under one roof!  I didn't take many photos here either - but I'll put some below.  The museum also is home to the Millennium clock tower.  If you haven't heard of it, it's worth a google!  It's a very haunting piece of art, and I'm glad I've seen it up close.  



I am so obsessed and fascinated by religion, and I loved the exhibits on ancient Eastern culture.  I am hopefully doing a degree in religious studies next year, and I can't wait to look study faiths from this part of the world!  

It was actually science week at the museum, and they had this hands on thing called 'Smart Phone Microscopes'.  I had a go, here's a photo I took!  I think it looks super cool.


We did actually go shopping in Edinburgh, but I didn't buy anything!  Very unlike me, but I just couldn't seem to find anything that I really loved.  The shops in Edinburgh are great though, and I'd love to go back when I'm in more of a ~shopping~ mood.  Here is a photo of me eating a pizza though.  I'm allergic to gluten and wheat, but Pizza Express do really good gluten free bases!! I was never a pizza fan, but I cannot get enough of Pizza Express right now!


On the last day we walked across the Forth Road Bridge and back.  Definitely a work out!  It doesn't look like a massively long walk, but once you're on the bridge walking against strong winds - believe me, it is!  I got some cool photos though!





The next day I took a seven hour train journey (yes, seven hours) by myself to get to Ipswich, where my lovely boyfriend lives.  We're in a long distance relationship, but that's another topic for another day!  The journey was so tiring, but I got to spend the week with Sam, which was great since we don't see each other too often.  I don't have too many photos, but we spent the week going on walks and saw friends a couple of times.  We went to Felixstowe, which is a very pretty beach town, and the sun was out - making for a very nice afternoon out!  Here are a few random photos of the week.  




And of course I couldn't go a whole post without mentioning anything fashion-beauty related, so take a look at these adorable nails I picked up from Boots!  They are press on ones, and lasted way longer than I expected!  Will definitely be picking these up again when I need a cute nail look!


I got home yesterday - back to planet earth with a crash!  I went back to work today, and I also really need to get on with all the college work I neglected over my break.  I do have a lot of upcoming beauty and skincare posts I'm excited to share with you though!  I'm transitioning into spring/summer make up at the moment - always a tricky road for me!  

Let me know if you enjoy these kind of lifestyle posts!  I'd like to start doing 'week in Instagram' posts, but I need to start Instagraming a bit more... 

Anyway, I will chat with you all soon!  Enjoy the bank holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment