Thursday 24 April 2014

Go-To Skin Care Products ♡

Hi there,
As you may have seen, I tested out some samples from Pai skin care a while back - and as much as I loved the products I tried, my purse really isn't stretching to those kind of prices at the minute, so I had to search for alternatives.  I've now reached a combination of products that I'm very happy with - most of which are all from the same range at the Body Shop.  I was fairly new to Body Shop skin care, and I walked into the store, took a look around, and choose these products.  It also helped that they had a 3 for 2 deal on!



The first product I use is the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water (buy here) - a hugely talked about product in the beauty blogging community!  I use this to remove my make up at night, and I also use it in the morning before I apply my make up, just to make sure there isn't any dirt that may have built up in the night on my face.  I like to work with a totally blank canvas!  This is kind of the UK drugstore version of Bioderma.  Bioderma is such a pain to get hold of for those that reside in the UK, and as much as I wanted to try it, when I saw this, I thought it's probably just as good.  I'm very impressed with this, and since I started using it my skin has improved a lot.  I used to take my make up off with face wipes (a bblogger sin, didn't know that before!!) and I can see that using cleansing waters is a much better alternative!

As for exfoliating, I have two go-to products that I'm currently loving.  For the morning, I use a gentler product, and at the moment I'm really enjoying the Body Shop Vitamin E Cream Exfoliator (buy here).  This is the first product I tried from the Vitamin E range, and after this, a few more popped up in my routine!  I love how gentle this is on my skin, and isn't too grainy, but my skin still feels super clean and refreshed after use.  I feel like this really preps my skin for my daily make up, and keeps my face feeling fresh.  This contains jojoba beads, similarly to the Pai exfoliator I tried.  This is the main thing that drew me to this product, as the Pai one worked so well for me, but is a little out of my price range at the minute!  I would recommend this if, like me, you have sensitive skin.  I find a lot of drugstore 'sensitive' skin brands, such as Simple and Nivea cause me problems, but this gives me no trouble at all, and it also smells great!

For my evening exfoliator, I tend to go for something a little bit more heavy duty.  At the moment I'm really enjoying the St. Ives Naturally Clear Blemish Fighting Apricot Scrub (buy here), and this is product I always end up going back to after trying others!  For just under a fiver, it's a total bargain, and after a day of wearing full make up it really does a great job of lifting all the dirt out of my pores and combating any blemishes that might be ready to form!  It also leaves my skin smelling fruity and feeling fresh.

When it comes to moisterising, I go for two products I got from the Body Shop Vitamin E range.  For day time use, I got for the Vitamin E Illuminating Moisture Cream (buy here).  I absolutely love this moisteriser!  It keeps my skin from getting dry under my make up, and it also has a pinky shimmer to it.  At first I was unsure about the shimmer, and thought it might make me look a bit shiny - I wasn't actually aware it had this feature until I applied it!  Now I've been using it for a while, I actually love the shimmer to it, and once I've applied my make up, it gives me a lively glow - something my skin has been crying out for!  It sinks in really well and I'm a big fan of this product!

For my night moisteriser, I go for the Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream (buy here).  I don't have a bad word to say about this product!  It's a brilliant night cream - as someone who suffers from dry skin, I find this to be a brilliant solution for keeping any flaky patches at bay.  Sinks in quickly and isn't at all sticky.  I don't even know what else to say about this product - all you need to know is that it is the best night cream I've ever come across!

I was never big on eye creams - I'm not sure why, since my eye area seems to be a problem area for me.  I suffer from bad dark circles and also a lot of dry skin around this area.  Because it was 3 for 2 in the Body Shop when I went in, I just happened to pick this up on a whim, and wow! I'm so glad I did.  It's the Vitamin E Eye Cream (buy here).  I did warn you I'd fallen in love the Vitamin E range!  This reduces puffiness and dark circles - both of which are problems for me.  I will definitely be buying this again, as now I can't imagine life without an eye cream!  I don't really know why I never thought to try one, it's definitely an essential for me now.

If any bad spots appear on my face, I just pop a bit of Skinology Tea Tree Anti-Spot Stick (buy here).  It literally costs 98p, and does a great job of making any zits disappear.  What a bargain!  I find I don't get a huge amount of spots anyway, as long as I keep on top of my exfoliation routine!

As for a bit of lip care, I've never strayed away from your basic Vaseline Lip Therapy (buy here).  It keeps my lips from getting chapped, and I honestly can't fault it.  The little tins are also super handy for keeping in my handbag!  If I'm going for a natural look in the day, I love the Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips (buy here), just to introduce a little bit of colour to my face.

I hope you enjoyed this post!  I'm obsessed with skin care at the moment!

What are your favourite skin care products?

See you next time!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog, I have followed you on bloglovin' :)
    I can't live without my St. Ives Naturally Clear Blemish Fighting Apricot Scrub! It is just so gentle and I really see results after I use it :)
    I am also a fan of the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. Such a great way to remove all your makeup.
    - C
    Claudine Converses

    ReplyDelete